MN DFL WOMENS
HALL OF FAME
Nominate for DFL Women of Distinction and Rising Stars
The DFL Women's Hall of Fame honors outstanding women dedicated to the fundamental precepts that:
1) Women are major contributors to public policy making in our state and nation, and
2) Participation in the DFL Party, campaigning on behalf of DFL candidates and advocacy on behalf of DFL principles and platform are a vehicle for achievement of public policy objectives.
Qualifications for DFL Women of Distinction:
Trailblazers, with notable achievement in one or more of the following areas:
1. Bringing women into the DFL Party and/or campaigns and teaching/facilitating their movement into positions of leadership.
2. Working for achievement of public policies consistent with the principles and platform of the DFL Party.
3. Opening doors for other women to hold elective, ap pointed and/or party office.
4. Infusing the DFL Party with new ideas and new energy to buttress the DFL's role as a party of progres sive ideas.
5. Dedicating time and energy on behalf of a cause(s), involvement with which has enhanced the DFL.
None of the nominees in this category may be currently serving in or seeking public office, nor currently serving in a party office at or above the Congressional District level. All must be women whose involvement with the DFL has been consistent with the DFL principles and platform.
Nominations are due August 12, 2019 for 2019 Honorees
Email nominations to:
PO Box 130716
St. Paul, MN 55113
Qualifications for Rising Stars of the DFL:
Newly active in the DFL, these women have exhibited achievement in one or more of the following areas:
1. Leadership in activities of the DFL Party and/or campaigns.
2. Dedication to bringing women into the DFL Party.
3. Dedication to efforts to achieve policies consistent with the principals and platform of the DFL.
4. Dedication of efforts to infuse the DFL Party with new ideas and new energy.
None of the nominees in this category may have held or be candidates for public office. All must be women whose DFL involvement has been consistent with the DFL principles and platform, regardless of whether they serve (d) in a party office.
Nominees may not have worked against DFL endorsed candidates.